Rhinowares Compact Hand Coffee Grinder
The Rhinowares Compact Hand Grinder is a great little tool to get that freshly roasted coffee ground without having to purchase a large and often expensive electronic coffee grinder. These small grinders are perfect for manual brewing methods such as Aeropress, V60 / Chemex style coffee, Moka Pot / Stovetops and for French Press.
This grinder has an adapter included which allows the grinder to rest on top of the aeropress and grind directly into the top of the aeropress.
Some features of this grinder include:
- Compact size- body fits in an AeroPress
- Quality conical ceramic burrs - for consistent grind
- Easy adjustment for a wide range of grind types
- Smooth grinding motion
- Includes a convenient and protective carry bag
- Superior particle size distribution
Helpful hints for adjusting the appropriate grind:
- For grind to suit Aeropress®, tighten nut all the way, then ease off half a turn
- For French Press, ease off 1.5 turns
- For a V60, tighten the burrs all the way, and then go half a turn back. Some further adjustment may be required from there depending on the specific beans used. Suggested ratio is 60g/litre.
- For a moka pot, which is somewhere between drip and espresso, adjust your grind to the finest level (adjust so that the burrs are touching) then open up a notch or two.
And some cleaning tips:
- It's best to pull the grinder apart and give it a clean every 4 weeks or more often if you are using darker more oily roasts
- Just use warm, soapy water and an old toothbrush to remove all residual coffee
- Make sure to rinse with fresh water when finished and allow the parts to fully dry before re-assembling