Colombia - Finca Santuario - Cherry Madness
Finca Santuario began 22 years ago when Camilo Merizalde had the desire to create a unique farm capable of producing the best specialty coffees in Colombia. Rather than focus on quantity, Camilo decided to focus on quality. He quickly realized that biological diversity was paramount in creating an environment capable of producing excellent cup quality with long-term sustainability. The majority of varieties grown at Santuario are extremely high quality but have lower yields. The harmonious interplay between the surrounding environment, volcanic soil, and variety allow for the creation of some of the most spectacular coffees available in Colombia.
Cherry Madness Process
- Cherries are harvested above 24 Brix levels.
- Selective harvest hand-picking.
- Cherries are soaked in water for 4 hours.
- Floaters and imperfect cherries are discarded.
- Cherry Carbonic Maceration with Mossto recirculation. (45h) Second cherry carbonic maceration with Mossto recirculation. (38h)
- Sun drying on African beds for 18-20 days.
- Coffee is constantly moved.
- Coffee dried to 10.5 %.
- Final humidity stabilization for 5 days.
- Then Coffee is stored on GP bags for 10 days.
ALTITUDE : 1600m
ORIGIN : Colombia ,Quindio
VARIETAL: Red Bourbon
PROCESSING : Cherry Madness
NOTES: Cognac, Dark Cherry, Velvet Texture
Recommended Brewing Recipe: